Perfect warming breakfast through the cooler months of the year.
- 1/3 cup (40g) rolled oats
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 2/3 cup milk or a combination of milk and water. (I used 1/3 cup almond milk + 1/3 cup water)
- 3 tsp. Vanilla Happy
- 1/2 tsp. of Stevia (if required or any other sweetener)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 TB protein powder (optional - add in a bit more liquid if adding protein)
- Topping: fruit, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, seeds, sprinkling of nuts
- Add your oats to a small pan then pour over the milk or the combination of milk and water. Cook over a medium high heat. Once it starts to bubble, turn down the heat.
- Mix in the mashed banana, Vanilla Happy, stevia and coconut oil.
- Allow the porridge to simmer for a few minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Top with fruit, nibs, seeds etc and a splash of milk and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: Nadia's Kitchen