Kulture is all about health and wellbeing and being the best version of yourself and that means eating healthy. We absolutely love the freshness of this recipe. Make sure you cook this in a pan that you can place in the oven. Enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice bacon cut into small pieces
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 large ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 tsp. wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 tsp. basil (dried or fresh)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Whisk the eggs and mustard in a bowl and season to taste.
- Heat the cooking fat in an oven-proof skillet over a medium heat. Cook the bacon and onion until the onion is golden (about 5-6 mins).
- Add the spinach to the pan and cook for another minute or two until the spinach wilts.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Cook until it harden just a little and place the tomatoes on top.
- Once the frittata is set around the edges but still runny in the centre, transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle some basil on top and serve.