- ▼How do Collagen Peptides help my gut?
- Collagen is rich in glycine, an amino acid that helps increase gastric acids, which aid in protein breakdown and improves overall digestion.
This, in turn, may help prevent gastrointestinal issues such as:
• Gastroesophageal reflux disease
• Leaky gut syndrome.
Apart from these benefits, glycine also helps produce glutathione, an antioxidant that has detoxifying properties.
- ◄How does it help with osteoarthritis?
- Studies show that collagen supplements can help improve the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
What is osteoarthritis? This is a common form of arthritis which happens when the cartilage at the end of bones is worn down over time. It usually affects the joints in the knees, hands, hips, and spine.
One of the symptoms of osteoarthritis is stiff joints. At some point, an arthritic joint will begin to lose its flexibility.
This symptom isn’t only painful, but it can also make the joints more prone to damage.
By increasing the collagen stores through supplements, the cartilage may strengthen.
- ◄How does it help with bone loss?
- Several animal studies show that bovine collagen helps prevent bone loss. In one of these studies, there was less bone loss in the animals that drank bovine collagen supplements with calcium every day for three months.
There are similar results from human studies as well. Researchers believe that collagen supplements can help inhibit bone collagen breakdown and, in turn, might be a recommended treatment option for osteoporosis.
- ◄How does collagen work to maintain muscle mass?
- Use collagen supplements to maintain muscle strength. As we age we not only lose muscle mass yearly, but it also becomes more difficult to build muscle. Collagen supplements are a great way to combat the aging process.
Bovine collagen has two out of the three forms of collagen. It contains types I and III collagen, which provide ligament and tendon support.
Taking a collagen supplement before and after your workout may help your tendons and ligaments recover faster. Apart from improving muscle recovery, collagen supplementation may also offer other workout benefits.
One study showed that collagen supplements helped increase fat-free mass in men who engaged in resistance exercise training.
On top of that, the glycine in bovine supplements also helps make creatine. It is a naturally found compound in muscle cells which helps improve exercise performance and increase muscle mass.
- ◄How do Collagen peptides help with sleep?
- Glycine in collagen doesn’t only help improve gut health, but it may also help you sleep by triggering the release of serotonin.
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that contributes to overall well-being and happiness. In addition, it also helps produce melatonin.
What is melatonin? It is a hormone responsible for regulating your body’s internal clock and sleep-wake cycle. When melatonin levels increase, your body begins to settle down and transition into rest mode.
The amazing thing about glycine is it doesn’t just help you sleep, but it may also help improve the quality of your sleep.
Studies show that glycine helps improve the quality of sleep in the following ways:
• Decreased feelings of fatigue the next morning.
• More stable sleep states
• A shorter period between sleep onset and slow-wave sleep
• Less difficult sleep onset
• Increase in sleep efficiency
• Increased overall satisfaction with sleep.
The result of the study also suggests that glycine can help lower core body temperature which may lead to better sleep. So if you’re looking for natural sleep aid, bovine collagen supplements may be able to help you get some much-needed rest.
- ◄How does Collagen help my skin look younger?
Approximately 75-80% of your skin’s proteins are collagen. It produces elastin which helps keep your skin flexible, supple, and young-looking.
Type I and III collagen levels decline as you age. When this happens, signs of skin ageing begin to appear.
These usually include skin wrinkling and sagging. Fortunately, oral collagen bovine supplements can help replenish your skin with both types I and III collagen.
The results of one animal study show that collagen supplements can improve skin quality in the following ways:
• Enhances skin laxity
• Repairs collagen fibers
• Increases collagen content
• Normalizes ratio of types I and III collagen
Similar results were found in another study done with elderly women. Elderly female subjects who drank oral collagen supplements for one month had higher skin elasticity levels.
How does Collage help my nails?
Collagen and keratin are the proteins that make up your nail beds.
So a collagen supplement may be able to strengthen your nail beds and prevent breakage. In fact, in one study, adults with brittle nail syndrome were given oral collagen supplements every day for six months.
The researchers report a significant decrease in nail breakage (42%) and an increase in nail growth (12%). On top of that, most participants continued to experience these benefits up to four weeks after the treatment.
- ◄How does collagen help my hair?
- Collagen is an amino acid and hair follicle cells use amino acids to produce keratin protein which promote hair growth, strength and elasticity.
Collagen helps to strengthen the hair and elasticity and improves its overall quality, and you also get the added benefits of Omegas 3 and 6 which are great for hydrating hair.
- ◄Can it help with hair loss?
- Yes. As our natural production of collagen depletes, so too can the structure of our hair.
Hair loss can also be caused by iron deficiency, auto-immune diseases, low thyroid, hormonal imbalances and the natural production of the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which can cause hair to grow back thinner and fragile if produced in excess. So incorporation of a daily collagen supplement can also aid in hair regrowth, as hair health starts from the inside.
- ◄There are 3 types of Collagen, which one is best?
- Each one has a different job. Type I builds skin, bones, tendons, and ligaments. Type II helps to make cartilage, the flexible tissue between bones and in your ears and nose. Type III helps create muscles and blood vessels.
Kulture collagen peptides contain Type I and III.
- ◄What is bovine collagen?
- It’s a natural form of collagen from cow bones, hides, and cartilage. Bovine collagen is similar to human collagen that’s why it’s commonly used in collagen supplements.